"Composing wild, undisciplined, pure, coming in from under, crazier the better"
Tips from Kerouac
- No periods separating sentence-structures already arbitrarily riddled by false colons and timid usually needless commas
- Write as deeply, fish as far down as you want, satisfy yourself first, then reader cannot fail to receive telepathic shock and meaning-excitement by same laws operating in his own human mind
- Be crazy dumbsaint of the mind
- Write in recollection and amazement for yourself
- Struggle to sketch the flow that already exists intact in mind
- No pause to think of proper word but the infantile pileup of scatological buildup words till satisfaction is gained